Welcome to Northern Beaches Construction Lawyers

Practical, timely and cost-effective building dispute advice

I have set up NBCL to give practical and cost-effective advice on the many issues that can and do arise from the operation of building, construction and other commercial contracts.

The issues that can, and do, arise out of construction contracts or involving strata schemes almost always involve a complex web of statutes, by-laws, regulations and know-how, overlaid by a number of parties and their obligations.  It is important, when these issues arise, to involve a lawyer who is familiar with the area.

These are the problems with which I can help.

Call 9452 6298  Send an Email  Online Enquiry

Common disputes

Below is a list of common disputes encountered by many house and strata property owners. These are the sort of problems with which I can help.

home renovation dispute

House additions
and alterations

The home owners have a contract with builders to carry out additions and alterations to their home.  The builder recommends a cost-plus contract. What should the home owners consider before signing the contract?

builder dispute resolution

Builder progress

The builder refuses to do any more work until the home owners pay a progress payment.  The home owners believe the progress payment is not due, and that some of the works carried out are defective. What should the home owners do?


Payment for
additional works

The home owners come  to the end of a contract for the construction of their home and are given an invoice for a sum over and above the contract price for a large sum for additional works. What recourse do the home owners have?

strata dispute resolution

Leaking unit

The home owner owns a unit in a strata block.  Water comes in through the ceiling and/or windows when it rains. What course should the unit owner take?

neighbour dispute resolution


The home owner owns a garden flat in a unit block.   A mature tree, planted over the boundary, is encroaching onto her garden space.   What course of action should the home owner take?

Call 9452 6298  Send an Email  Online Enquiry